Skip to Navigation

The Value of New Build Solar

Why the UK urgently needs solar solutions in new builds

To meet the UK’s legally binding commitment to achieve a net zero economy by 2050, it will need a near-complete decarbonisation of UK housing stock.

Maximising the deployment of onsite solar generation in new build homes will be fundamental to achieving a net zero economy and could help homeowners of a typical new build home save between £974- £1,151, thereby helping mitigate the impact of the energy crisis. Though 80% of the buildings in 2050 are already built, the remaining 20% will need to be built with energy efficiency measures baked in, providing cost-saving measures to millions of households.

This research provides robust evidence of the significant energy cost savings that solar technologies can provide to new build homeowners – Solar photovoltaic panels are the key enablers of the low-carbon, low-running cost homes of the future.  

To access the press release, click here.

The findings of this report build on Solar Energy UK’s previous research on the value of solar homes. [1,2]

[1] The Value of Solar Heat  

[2] The Value of Solar Property