Solar Energy UK
17 November 2023
Eight leading businesses have joined Solar Energy UK’s highest membership tier, helping us drive the solar industry towards 70GW of generation capacity by 2035.
All are leading companies in the solar and storage industries and have long been valued and active members of the association:
- Utility and commercial scale solar and battery energy storage developer EDF Renewables
- Leading battery energy storage manufacturer GivEnergy
- Utility-scale solar developer and manager Lightsource BP
- Solar developer, operator and investment manager NextEnergy Group
- Utility-scale solar and battery energy storage developer RWE
- Investment manager Schroders Greencoat
- Major distributor of residential solar and batteries Segen
- Utility and commercial scale solar and battery developer SSE Renewables
More sponsor members are expected to be announced next year.
Solar Energy UK will be working more strategically with these national champions for the sector across the utility-scale and rooftop markets. All will benefit from improved insight and engagement on overcoming regulatory risks and barriers, joined-up public affairs and improved brand visibility.
“It is great news for the whole industry that so many great companies have stepped up to champion the cause of solar power and storage, pushing us further towards 70GW by 2035. We look forward to collaborating on resolving the industry’s key challenges,” said Solar Energy UK’s Chief Executive Chris Hewett.
The new membership tier will allow the association to expand its team further in 2024, including more ability to advocate for solar and energy storage in Westminster, Holyrood, Stormont and Senedd Cymru. The enhanced income will also facilitate improved stakeholder communication and engagement, developing best practice guidance and further work on the skills and supply chain agendas.
– ENDS –
For more information or to request an interview, please contact:
Gareth Simkins, Sr Communications Adviser | firstname.lastname@example.org